A few weekends ago I went with my good friend Melissa down to South Korea's second largest city, Busan, which is on the southern tip of the country. It was a 3 hour train ride on the KTX, Korea's fastest train. It was really nice to have a girls weekend away. We stayed at a wonderful hostel located walking distance from the beach. The weekend was spent walking through the local markets, eating at yummy vegan restaurants, sharing a bottle of wine on the beach, a morning walk followed by massages and a little shopping to top it off!
I am kicking myself for not bringing our nice camera. I didn't want to carry it, so I brought our small Nikon and I was extremely frustrated with the quality of our pictures. (no mom Harvey, not because it's a Nikon but because of the model of the camera itself :) ). The picture quality marking the weekend was quite disappointing but at least we captured some of the fun :)
boarding the train!
our wonderful tour guides that insisted on helping us find a place for lunch :)
As we were enjoying a bottle of wine on the beach one night, a lady approached me and asked to use my cell phone in broken English. Without thinking and a few Dixie cups of wine in, I allowed her to use it. She proceeded to call someone and talk for several minutes. The only words I got out of her conversation was "nore bong" which is Korean for karaoke :) Apparently she was fixin' to have a good time! I politely asked her to end her call (as my phone is a pay as you go)...so weird though...as most things here are!
a nice morning walk along the coast
With such a large population of foreigners who speak English in Korea you would think most businesses would consult someone about their grammar before paying to display their advertisements. You see mistakes like this EVERYWHERE and usually its good for a laugh :)
local fish market and a pink sky
Our lovely hostel!




No comments:
Post a Comment