Here are some much overdue photos. It is hard to believe that we have been here for three weeks tomorrow. I think that I have been hesitating posting because I felt that I didn't have enough photos. I came to realize the true reason is I don't feel like I can capture all of the smells, foreign sounds, different tasting food, the feel of the humidity in the air, and all the emotions that come from living in a completely different culture. Therefor, I humbly present a taste of our surroundings...
Our view from our apartment
When we get out of class at 10pm kids swarm the streets and hop in these buses, I believe they are the Korean form of a school bus.
I'm not sure what these signs mean exactly...I think they are priority for women, or mothers.
Our school is on the top floor
Our street
We found a coffee shop where you can play various boardgames. They even had Settlers of Catan...totally made our day!
Loved seeing all those pics! I'm sure it still doesn't capture all that you were saying, but it definitely helps put a visual with where you are! What a neat thing to see some familiar faces and be able to play some familiar board games despite being so far away! I'm sure it's comforting! Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteOh, that was so fun to see those pics! Thanks so much for posting. I think the USA would benefit by having exercise equipment "on the streets"...except, I wonder if they would ever be used?
ReplyDeletehey guys! i can't believe you've been in Korea for 3 weeks! I hope you are adjusting ok -- and trust me, the humidity will fade and you will LOVE the fall there. Do you live near Hagye station? I thought I saw that on one of the signs. If you do, that's only 2 stops away from Nowon. Crazy that you live so close to where we did. Thanks for your pictures and your post!
ReplyDeletePhew! I just got caught up on your summer! Wow! What an incredible journey so far. Sounds like you guys are having a fantastic adventure exploring the world! Take care of each other and soak it all up!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Good to know you can get apples and cheese in Korea ;)