Our school put on a Halloween party for the elementary school kids. It is not traditionally celebrated in Korea but the kids love the holiday for the same reason kids back home do...the CANDY! I did not have to work today because it is Friday and John was at the middle school so we did not get to take part in all the fun...but I visited for a little bit and snapped some pictures of all the excitement :)
James is in my grade 2-4 class and is cute as can be!
Roopa is our new co-native English teacher as Shauna's last day is tomorrow. We are sad to see Shauna go but happy to have Roopa come...we couldn't be more blessed with what great people we work with!
Annie is in my grade 2-4 class. She is great! She says whatever is on her mind though. In the last couple weeks I have gotten: "teacher you look scary today...what are those brown dot's on your face...are you not wearing make up?" Well Annie, those are called freckles! Just yesterday she told me..."teacher why is it black under your eyes!"
Cindy is very sweet, she is also in my grade 2-4 class.
I got a kick out of what James decided to wear for Halloween!
Amy and Lisa both leveled up to my class recently. Lisa (on the right) is very competitive in class...it's kind of a hoot. I almost made her cry when she didn't win a point in a game once...I guess I have to be careful with some kids :)
Grace (above) asks me every day if she can have some of my blond hair. She makes the gesture as if she wants me to just break her off a strand. I tell her...I barely have enough for myself...do you think I'm going to share with you! And then I tell her how beautiful her hair is of course :)
Lucia's a riot and has tons of energy! I was surprised Grace let her wear the blond wig as they were sitting next to each other.
Ryan being scary! Again, they don't celebrate Halloween here :)
Lina and Naeun are my co-Korean teachers and are super sweet and helpful!
*I hope to post more pics of our students and the school soon. John changes schedules on Monday and will go back to teaching both elementary and middle school. He also agreed to take on a 6 day a week working schedule...prayers for that and that it wouldn't be a regretting decision or too overwhelming!*
CUTE kids!! I'm surprised they had costumes, if they don't normally celebrate Halloween.
ReplyDeleteLooking good.I like there costumes.Do you guys miss USA?.
ReplyDeleteSo what are the dark circles under your eyes from? lil, what a comment. It looks like you have a great variety of students, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete