Fall is definitely a beautiful time in Korea. We have enjoyed getting out and walking through the crunchy colorful leaves. Today I was itching to go somewhere touristy. We had heard of an area called Insadong which is a main strip of traditional vendors, mixed with home decor and pottery shops all of which were very inviting and fun to linger in and out from on a cold fall day. Tucked away down an ally and (notorious for Korea) off the street level, was a traditional tea cafe that was very warm and peaceful.
It has been fun to explore new areas in and around Seoul. It is difficult to believe that we have been here for three months already. 1/4 of the way through with our year contract. It has been hard to think about, as the holiday season approaches, being away from everyone but it is amazing to think how fast time goes. I am constantly reminding myself to enjoy the simplicities of life right now :)
Happy Fall!
making sweet rice cakes
I just love your pictures...you guys really are talented! Love getting visuals of what you guys are doing too and seeing just a tiny taste of what you see. Hard to believe already 1/4 of the way through your contracts! You'll be home before you know it!
ReplyDeleteI love the tea pot! I wish tea houses were something the US embraced more.
ReplyDeleteNice, new look on your blog! And, great photos...you really do have a flair for good photography
ReplyDelete