Over New Year's weekend, we visited Gyeonbok Palace which is one of the palaces apart of the Joseon Dynasty. It was or first real experience diving in and learning all about Korean history and this dynasty that ruled dating back to 1395. After viewing the architectural designs of the buildings outside we took an hour private tour (in English) of the museum explaining the history of the dynasty as well as learning an abundance of Korean history and the ideas it took from confusionism.
There might be some b-ball teams interested in you with that vertical, Emily. BTW, what is that in the 7th pic from the bottom?
ReplyDeleteHaha, thanks...it's all that Scottish dancing I did when I was younger :)
ReplyDeleteThe picture is of ancient containers for wine and food.
Though these aren't made of silver (we saw other food/drink containers in the museum that were). Our tour guide told us that silver reacts to poison and that's why a lot of kings and queens had silver. We didn't know that. Did you?
I knew that many kings and queens had people who tasted their food and wine first...but, no...hadn't heard about the silver...interesting.
ReplyDeleteCool pictures guys. I would have loved to see that palace too. It looks cold out there with all the snow.
ReplyDeleteGreat to see new pics! Glad you guys are having fun adventures.
ReplyDelete