Sunday, 16 January 2011

Dr. Fish

We had probably one of the most unique experiences we have ever had in our lives today. We went to a cafe in downtown Seoul where they have what's called "Dr. Fish". There were two tanks on top of a platform in this cafe. Both tanks held special fish called Garra rufa. One tank held smaller fish about the size of an inch and a quarter maybe, while the other tank were stocked with fish about 2-3 inches. The idea is that you put your feet in these tanks and the fish nibble off the dead skin cells. Weird, a little gross and very ticklish! Here are a few pictures from the experience. I let out a yelp when I put my feet in out of shock from the feeling and Johnny could barely control himself his feet were in and out numerous times in the 15 minutes. It was quite fun and unique :)



 
Trying to hold in all the noises that wanted to come out...but...you're in the middle of a cafe...so the faces we all made were priceless!



 The brave ones getting used to it :) It was quite funny, both boys wanted Juli and I to try it first.



Scoping it out...


I never want/nor like to see my husband in agony...but this was hilarious watching him as he wiggled and squealed. 



They loved Juli's feet!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! You guys aren't afraid to dive into the culture and try out new things. Such great facial expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I have a very good friend who lives there, too, with her military husband and she blogged about Dr. Fish!!! I didn't realize y'all are in the same place. I see lots of similar posts between the two of you. ☺

    ReplyDelete