Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Baking With a Toaster Oven

In hindsight, I should have bought this 7 months ago! What was I thinking!!! Though it's not a conventional oven, it still has allowed us to bake numerous assorted breads, roasted vegetables, nachos...the list goes on!
 It's been a fun project to think of new things to try each morning.
 Here is a diary of pictures I've collected so far :)


Pumpkin bread was the first bread recipe I tried, and I have to confess it was a complete and utter failure!!  I was quite confused when I followed the recipe completely, and the top was cooked but the bottom was still gooey! Any thoughts?


Ahh! Whole wheat bread...something you can't find in Korea. I don't think I will ever buy bread again! This recipe is so easy and it makes enough you can store for the week. Each day you can break off a peace and bake it fresh for dinner that night..we have completely devoured all but one serving and it's already Wednesday!


Banana bread baked fresh this morning! When Johnny tried it he said it tasted like Alaska :) 
(my mom's recipe)


Of course the best part of the toaster oven is actually enjoying the treats!
(Please don't look past my hand in this picture. As you can tell I've been more occupied in baking than I have cleaning!)



2 comments:

  1. Oh that's just awesome that you've been able to do that! What a great idea! I'm not sure what recipe you used for the pumpkin bread, but I will send you a recipe I have that I make all the time that's really easy and has always turned out for me. Granted, I haven't made it in a toaster oven, but hopefully it would turn out just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toaster ovens are the best! That's what we used in our mini kitchen in Hawaii. Can you send me the whole wheat bread recipe and the banana bread recipe?

    ReplyDelete